Recent Posts

Monday, May 3, 2010

RONATHON! The Umapine Tetralogy: FRAM



The final installment in Ron Bayes' Umapine Tetralogy is FRAM (Pynyon Press, 1979).


PASSUS I

          Riddled,
          We are all changed
          & our loves changed too,
          but we are not.

          Kilter,
          coulter,
          plough & furrow.
          I riddle you so.



PASSUS X

          1.

          Ten at night:
          "The bundle heart, he said.
          Was he asleep?

          2.

          "When the hats come down," he said.
          Was I awake?
          It was 4 a.m. when I could see the watch.



PASSUS XI

          Wild one tucked into my arm,
          I know who wins,
          I know who wins.

          This dance-athon,
          this bullfight.
          King and prince must die.

          Hurlrock.
          We, Cuchulain and I am
          close together in

          Youth, age, in the arena.
          Love I
          knowledge you.



PASSUS XIV

          "All of the shit at the foot of Fuji," I said.

          "Yes," you said.

          "Never again," we said.

          What you gotta wade through to
          get to God.



Book III, VIII.

          But now!
          We're off to see
          the stonesnakes of
          another
          hemi-
               sphere.



Book IV

          I.

          Awakening to the rain again,
          to the green garden.

          II.

          "Very many of your friends
          are dead," she said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment